Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Sporty Spice's Kindergarten class had the cutest Mother's Day celebration. Yes, he made me that hat out of a paper plate. They sang songs and even did a little dance for us. Happy Mother's Day!

Tomorrow I'm launching into an entirely new adventure in nutrition and I must admit I'm a little scared. I've never done anything "organized" with the exception of a single Weight Watchers meeting about a decade ago, which I left in tears. Tomorrow I start the Cambiati Wellness Program (www.cambiati.com). And it looks like it's gonna be a full time job for awihle, until I get used to it. And I don't doubt it's gonna be tough. But something has got to be done, and it's got to be done soon. Mostly, I believe I've got to get sugar out of my life and reset things. I thought I had this done and behind me, and then somehow after IM Florida, and the holidays right after that, that nasty sugar started weasling it's way back in. And then I could go five or six days without it, and the cravings would hit again. It's horrible! And secondarily, I'm way too tired all the time, even given the training; it just doesn't seem right. This diet is primarily a 28 day cleanse (which part, for me, won't start for 2 more weeks--I'll be easing in for the next 2 weeks) to reset your body, get allergenic foods out, and it basically follows the Paleo plan. I was surprised at all the ins and outs of it, and so these first two weeks will be trying to figure some of that out. Watch out! Blogging to come!

1 comment: