Monday, November 1, 2010

The Ugly Truth About the Taper

Insomnia. Which is actually perfect, because you couldn't afford to sleep even if you wanted to and make it to your plane's departure. And what does a good tapering triathlete do with all this extra energy? Well, I was up at 3:30 am thismorning doing my kid's homework that is due today. The assignment was to disguise this picture of a Thanksgiving turkey so that the farmer won't eat him for dinner. Gosh, I hope my turkey is better than the other kids' turkeys!!

Out late lastnight trick or treating, which was so fun. Being five and trick or treating...don't you remember that?! And my little Sporty Spice did the absolute sweetest thing when we got home. He very sincerely assessed his haul...and then took a plastic ziplock bag and put some of his very best chocolate candy, which he loves at least as much as I do, in it and marked it "for mommy from Noah for after her big race" and put it in a special place in my bedroom for me for when I get home. Now THAT is true love.

1 comment:

  1. Love the turkey disguise!!! Cute cute cute!!!

    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

    Hooray TEAM KIM!!!

    -Amy
    Crafting by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete